It’s time again for the annual BSA Popcorn fundraiser. Be sure to check out details here. This is a chance for you to earn money for both the troop and your own scout account. Details, order form and due dates posted here.
- 3-5 — March Cabin Campout
- 10-12 — OA Chapter Fellowship Weekend
- 18 — Maple Syrup Festival
- 30 — Spring Court of Honor
- Swim checks throughout the month (Dates TBA)
- 7-9 — April Campout at Coopers Rocks
- 22 — Litter Pick-Up
- 28-30 — OA Lodge Ordeal/Brotherhood Weekend – Camp Seph Mack
- This meeting provided an update on the troop’s plans concerning Summer Camp and the National Jamboree in July. Additional written info will be coming out by email soon.
- Jack Ghelarducci completed his Eagle Scout Board of Review this past week, becoming Troop 834’s 132nd eagle scout.
- Splash Lagoon permission slips were due at the meeting. A head count was turned in to Splash Lagoon January 20.
- Please keep selling hoagies! The due date to turn in orders online is next Wednesday, January 25. Profits are a 50/50 split between the troop and the scout.
- It is strongly encouraged that all scouts attend the Scout Sunday Mass at Our Lady of Grace Church on February 5. Please wear full Class A uniform.
- Ski trip info for February will be coming out shortly.
The troop websites have been updated for the end of the year, and with that is the calendar! Check below at the coming events and go to the full TroopTrack calendar linked in the menu above for all the specifics.
- 20-22 — Winterfest 2017 (OA members only)
- 27-29 — Splash Lagoon Trip
- 5 — Scout Sunday Mass
- 8 — Boy Scout Day
- 11 — Ski Trip 2017
- 3-5 — March Cabin Campout
- 10-12 — Chapter Fellowship Weekend (OA members only)
- Wednesday through Friday will be setting up for the OLG Festival. Come at the regular meeting time Thursday if you want to help.
- Mr. Nangle will be organizing a popcorn sale, so see him for more information if you want to sell popcorn.
- The annual troop planning meeting will occur August 25, so come with ideas of what you want to do next year!
- Next week is the OLG Festival! There are still slots open to work the drink booth for Tuesday and Saturday night, so if you are interested please talk to Mrs. Megan Vaites and sign up.
- Jack Ghelarducci will be doing his Eagle Project on August 20th and 27th. Please help if possible. More info
Jack Ghelarducci has scheduled his Eagle Scout Leadership and Service Project for August 20th and 27th from 9-3 at the Veteran War Memorial next to the Beinhauer-Fryer Funeral Home. Please come help if available; bring gloves, safety glasses, and wear old clothes. All info can be found on the calendar event on TroopTrack linked here.
- The main focus of this week’s meeting was an introduction of the new Troop 834 website and how to utilize all the online features the troop provides to its members. The presentation went over the public WordPress site, social media, and TroopTrack.
- If you have not yet signed up to help work the drink booth at the OLG Festival, please do so ASAP by contacting Mrs. Megan Vaites!
- There are plenty of opportunities to earn service hours by helping set up the festival. You can find a full list on the Calendar.
- Permission slips for the August Weekend Campout at the Laurel Highlands Trail are due on August 4th. The campout is the following weekend from the 6-7.
- Ryan Domalik will be doing his Eagle Project on August 13-14 from 9 am to 5 pm both days. For more information, click here.
Troop 834 has lots planned this August, mostly focused around the OLG Festival. Check the Calendar for full details.
- 4, 11, 25 — Troop Meetings
- 6-7 — August Weekend Campout @ Laurel Highlands Trail
- 6 — Festival Set-Up #3
- 10 — Festival Set-Up #4
- 12 — Festival Set-Up #5
- 13 — Festival Set-Up #6
- 13 & 14 — Ryan Domalik’s Eagle Scout Project
- 15-20 — Our Lady of Grace Festival
- 19-21 — Order of the Arrow Summer Lodge Social
- 21 — Festival Tear-Down
Want to see what happened at summer camp this year? Have pictures of your own you want to share with the troop? Troop 834 has you covered with the newest addition to the website, TroopTrack. To view and download pictures or add your own, click the link “Pictures” on the menu above. Log in to TroopTrack and you will be brought to the TroopTrack Photo Albums page. Click on the “Summer Camp @ Mountain Run” album. From here you can view the pictures in a slideshow format. If you want to download pictures, switch to the List View and click download. To upload* your own photos, go to the Slideshow mode and click the green button that says “+Select photos to upload.” Pick the pictures from your computer you want to share with the troop and click Open. Now the troop can see your photos!
Rather than download each photo individually, you can request a DVD of all the pictures from summer camp for $1. To do so, go to the page Contact Us and give your name and specify the album you want on the DVD. The DVD and money will be exchanged at a future troop meeting.
*Please only upload photos that correspond to the correct event album! Only the troop will be able to view the photos you select to upload; they will still be hidden from the general public. Troop 834 reserves the right to remove any inappropriate photos, and misuse of the website can result in loss of privileges.