Jack Ghelarducci has scheduled his Eagle Scout Leadership and Service Project for August 20th and 27th from 9-3 at the Veteran War Memorial next to the Beinhauer-Fryer Funeral Home. Please come help if available; bring gloves, safety glasses, and wear old clothes. All info can be found on the calendar event on TroopTrack linked here.
- This year’s summer camp was a great success! Everybody enjoyed the camp and the troop really bonded together. To hear the full summer camp story, attend our big Court of Honor this September (date TBA).
- Troop meetings will resume next Thursday.
- Tons of new dates have been added to the Calendar! Go check them out.
- New Order of the Arrow Ordeal Candidates: If you were tapped out at summer camp last week, be sure to complete your Ordeal at an OA ordeal weekend! You have one year to do this before your candidacy expires. To find dates for this fall, visit the Calendar.
- The OLG Festival is just around the corner, and the church needs our help to set up! This is the main way our troop gives back to our sponsoring organization, so please help out. Community service hours will be given to helpers who need them. Set up dates can be found on the Calendar.
- In addition to setting up, Troop 834 also manages the drink booth during the OLG Festival. Please contact Mrs. Vaites to sign up for a time slot and help work the booth. Time slots can be viewed on the Calendar.
- Over the next couple of days the troop will be implementing the website updates stated in this blog post linked here. Please read it so you know what will be going on.
- If you have pictures from summer camp, please give them on a DVD or a flash drive to David Domalik. He will add them to the troop archives and post them for viewing/downloading on this website. If you would like a DVD of all the pictures from summer camp for $1, also talk to David Domalik or you can order one on the page Contact Us.
- June 11: Sharbel Sadaka’s Eagle Scout Project – Please RSVP if you are attending. More info
- June 11, 13-18: Women’s Guild Rummage Sale – Help needed for 1-2 hours to unload cars when goods are dropped off. Let Chip know if you are available to work.
Events are starting to be finalized for the upcoming year and the months of September and October are filling up!
- Sept. 3 – First troop meeting requiring Class A
- Sept. 17 – Summer Camp Court of Honor
- Sept. 26-27 – September Weekend Campout
- Oct. 9-11 – Adult Leader Training
- Oct. 24-25 – October Weekend Campout
- Oct. 31 – Golf Fundraiser
- Oct. 31 – Merit Badge University
- *NEW* Order of the Arrow events are also included in the calendar
A full list of the events can be found on the Calendar. As details are finalized they will be added to the individual events. Permission slips will also be available in the event descriptions.
- Chip and the other organizers of the Our Lady of Grace Festival are very appreciative of all the time Troop 834 has put in to help make the festival such a huge success. They’d like to thank everybody who came and set up, worked evenings during the week, and took down the festival.
- Troop 834 is hoping to hold a fundraiser at Frosty Valley Golf Links near the end of October. Whether you golf or not, bring your friends and enjoy a round of 9 holes with the troop! In order for this to happen, we need to have at least 40 golfers. If you or anybody else you know is interested, let Chip know.
In addition to running the drink booth, the festival has plenty of other volunteer opportunities.
August 5 @ 7 pm – Finishing booth setup (Tarps and placement)
August 9 – Donations Due
This list will continue to grow. See Mrs. Fisher to sign up for the drink booth. See Chip for all other events.
Every year Troop 834 helps our sponsoring organization by running the drink booth at their annual festival. It’s getting closer to that time of year again and the troop is ready to start taking sign-ups for shifts. The first shift is from 6:30-8 pm and the second shift is 8 pm to close, August 10-15. Ideally, at least 2 scouts and 1 adult should work each shift. To see what slots are open and sign-up, contact Jen Fisher at email@example.com.
For more information, see the calendar event here.