- This year’s summer camp was a great success! Everybody enjoyed the camp and the troop really bonded together. To hear the full summer camp story, attend our big Court of Honor this September (date TBA).
- Troop meetings will resume next Thursday.
- Tons of new dates have been added to the Calendar! Go check them out.
- New Order of the Arrow Ordeal Candidates: If you were tapped out at summer camp last week, be sure to complete your Ordeal at an OA ordeal weekend! You have one year to do this before your candidacy expires. To find dates for this fall, visit the Calendar.
- The OLG Festival is just around the corner, and the church needs our help to set up! This is the main way our troop gives back to our sponsoring organization, so please help out. Community service hours will be given to helpers who need them. Set up dates can be found on the Calendar.
- In addition to setting up, Troop 834 also manages the drink booth during the OLG Festival. Please contact Mrs. Vaites to sign up for a time slot and help work the booth. Time slots can be viewed on the Calendar.
- Over the next couple of days the troop will be implementing the website updates stated in this blog post linked here. Please read it so you know what will be going on.
- If you have pictures from summer camp, please give them on a DVD or a flash drive to David Domalik. He will add them to the troop archives and post them for viewing/downloading on this website. If you would like a DVD of all the pictures from summer camp for $1, also talk to David Domalik or you can order one on the page Contact Us.
- Chip and the other organizers of the Our Lady of Grace Festival are very appreciative of all the time Troop 834 has put in to help make the festival such a huge success. They’d like to thank everybody who came and set up, worked evenings during the week, and took down the festival.
- Troop 834 is hoping to hold a fundraiser at Frosty Valley Golf Links near the end of October. Whether you golf or not, bring your friends and enjoy a round of 9 holes with the troop! In order for this to happen, we need to have at least 40 golfers. If you or anybody else you know is interested, let Chip know.
Thank you all that signed up to volunteer for the drink booth at the Our Lady of Grace Festival. Please make sure you show up a few minutes early to check in at the volunteer table. The first shift is from 6:30-8:00 pm and the second shift is from 8:00-close. Below is the final schedule.
|Shift 1||Hand Family & Domalik Family||Hand Family & Trusiak Family||Phifer Family & Isaac Lord||Marwan Sadaka & Susan Clellan & Jack Ghelarducci||Bischer and Mike Barmada||Corchado Family & Fisher Family|
|Shift 2||Domalik Family||Isaac Lord & Mazzotti Family||Fisher Family & Jeff Ghelarducci||Mazzotti Family & Jack Ghelarducci||Lumadue Family & Bischer and Mike Barmada||Bronder Family & Fisher Family|
The Our Lady of Grace Festival is only days away, and almost half of the shifts are still open! Troop 834 finds it imperative that we help our sponsoring organization, and this is the biggest time of year that we can do so. If you have not signed up for a shift already, please consider helping out. Email Jen Fisher at email@example.com with the shift you plan to work before Friday, August 7. More information on the festival can be found here. The table below shows who we have so far. Help fill in the ?????
|Shift 1||Hand Family & Domalik Family||Hand Family & Trusiak Family||Fisher Family & ?????||Marwan Sadaka & ?????||Mazzotti Family & ?????||Corchado Family & ?????|
|Shift 2||Domalik Family & ?????||Isaac Lord & Mazzotti Family||Fisher Family & Jeff Ghelarducci||Isaac Lord & ?????||????? & ?????||Bronder Family & ?????|
Message from David Domalik – “Huge thanks to everybody who spent their day to come out and help build the ga-ga pit for my Eagle Project. I’d also like to thank Keystone Oaks School District, Coach Cliff’s Gaga Ball Pits, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and my family for their help in funding the project. If you haven’t heard of the game ga-ga before, look it up online and check out the pit behind Aiken Elementary for yourself.”
The project had a great turn-out, with much of the troop showing up. The boards were drilled in no time and went together easily in the brackets. After adding a cut-out, wall covers, and rules sign, Troop 834 had a blast playing ga-ga in the newly built octagon.
Pictures of the project can be found on the page “Pictures“. If you need to know how many hours you spent working, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Keystone Oaks School District is always looking for more scouts to do eagle projects, so feel free to approach them with your ideas.
The time for Niles Hand’s Eagle Project at Sam & Mary’s Woodworks tomorrow (June 23) has been moved to 5 pm – 8 pm. Dinner will be provided. Contact Niles ASAP and let him know you will be coming for the new time. More Info